Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Legal Review

I've been discussing the situation with a lawyer, and he pointed out a class action lawsuit that may be similar.  I don't fall in this class, but maybe some of you do.

http://www.wellsfargopmisettlement.com/

The class period was for loans originating with Wells Fargo between March 7, 2006 and January 1, 2008.  The case was settled January 31, 2013.

We did get PMI removed when we reached 78% LTV, but I still want the extra PMI payments from when we reached 80% LTV to be repaid.  Wells Fargo agreed that they did not properly describe the terms of the borrower-initiated PMI removal option to me, and agreed to return payments based on an appraisal last fall.  At the time, the market was down from my original request, and I told them that this was not a fair agreement. 

Nobody will return my call now to let me know if that option is still applicable.  There was no expiration listed.

1 comment:

  1. Nice article. Thanks for sharing your experience of pmi removal . I think the new law funded after 1999 should be changed.

    ReplyDelete